Awesome Manners is a 4-week course designed for teenage and adult dogs.
These are suitable for complete beginners and puppy follow-ons. All ages are welcome, as long as your dog is comfortable around other dogs and owners.
Led by our experienced and accredited trainers we will give you those all-important skills to develop your bond and communication with your dog. We will help your dog become a well-mannered, friendly addition to the family.
Covered over the 4 weeks:
- Loose Lead Walking
- Recall Training
- Emergency Stops
- Focus and control exercises
- Introduction to clicker training
All of our course attendees will be emailed class notes and videos after each class to help with their training at home.
Our training team are experienced in all aspects of dogs training and are a fully qualified and assessed member of the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers.
We use only scientific and welfare-friendly methods of training at PDT and our team are always to help by email if you find that you are struggling with any of the training.
Dates for this course: Tuesdat Evening 8.15 – 9.15pm. October 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
Please note: Group training classes are not suitable for dogs who suffer from fear issues, resource guarding, aggression or are reactive to dogs or people. These issues are much better handled in a 121 environment rather than a group class. If you feel your dog may not be comfortable in a group class situation, please email before making a booking – firstname.lastname@example.org and we can organise an alternative option for you and your dog.
What you need to bring along to class:
At Positive Dog Training, all we ask is that you bring along your dog along with their regular collar/harness and lead. Please note, we do not allow the use of slip leads, choke chains, prong/pinch collars or e collars in the centre.
We will provide any equipment needed plus lots of yummy treats. If your dog has special dietary needs please do bring along a portion of their food. We ask that you do not feed your dog for at least 2 hours before class is due to start.
Location – Positive Dog Training, Unit T2, Birch Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Estate, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Call us – 01 9013018
Email us – email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pdtdublin/
NOTE: It is the participant’s responsibility to attend classes. We cannot transfer unused classes to another time.
PDT Covid Protocol
· In line with the current restrictions, 2 people can now attend classes with each dog. Please note the following guidelines still apply to all.Masks must be worn throughout the class. If you forget your mask, do speak to one of our team and we can supply a disposable one for you.
- Please do not attend class and contact PDT on 019013018 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are showing any covid symptoms. I.e.: fever, dry cough etc OR if you have been contacted by the HSE as been notified you are a close contact.Please follow the directions of the PDT team, and sanitise on arrival, during class and when leaving.
- Please do not approach other handlers or their dogs and maintain social distance at all times.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to attend classes, We cannot transfer unused classes to another date, or allow you to attend another course that is running. Our class number are strictly limited.
- Entrance to the centre begins 5 minutes before your class is due to start, we ask that at all times you maintain social distancing.
- Please follow the directions of our training team at all times.
- We have installed multiple sanitisation stations in the centre, please use these as often as you like.