Tricks Training with Tara
Why teach your dogs tricks?
While your dog being able to do a bow to greet guest or a peekaboo looks really cure, tricks training has many benefits for your dog.
- mentally stimulating for your dog
- teaching focus and control
- helps to builds your dog confidence
- helps strengthen the bond between you and your dog
- suitable for all ages and breeds
- Its fun!
Over the 4 weeks you will learn the following treats to impress you family and stuns the other dogs walkers at the park!
Spin/Twist, Peek – a – boo /middle, Paws Up, Bow, Leg Weaves, Ring the bell and much much more
All of our course attendees will be emailed class notes and videos after each class to help with their training at home.
Our training team are experienced in all aspects of dogs training and are a fully qualified and assessed member of the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers.
We use only scientific and welfare-friendly methods of training at PDT and our team is always to help by email if you find that you are struggling with any of the training.
Dates for this course: Wednesday evening at 7pm. Wednesday January 18th, 25th And February 1st & 8th
Please note: Group training classes are not suitable for dogs who suffer from fear issues, resource guarding, aggression or are reactive to dogs or people. These issues are much better handled in a 121 environment rather than a group class. If you feel your dog may not be comfortable in a group class situation, please email before making a booking – email@example.com and we can organise an alternative option for you and your dog.
What you need to bring along to class:
At Positive Dog Training, all we ask is that you bring along your dog along with their regular collar/harness and lead. Please note, we do not allow the use of slip leads, choke chains, prong/pinch collars or e collars in the centre.
We will provide any equipment needed plus lots of yummy treats. If your dog has special dietary needs please do bring along a portion of their food. We ask that you do not feed your dog for at least 2 hours before class is due to start.
Location – Positive Dog Training, Unit T2, Birch Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Estate, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Call us – 01 9013018
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pdtdublin/
NOTE: It is the participant’s responsibility to attend classes. We cannot transfer unused classes to another time.
PDT Covid Protocol
In line with the current restrictions, 2 people can now attend classes with each dog. Please note the following guidelines still apply to all. Masks are optional at the moment.
- Please do not attend class and contact PDT on 019013018 or by email on email@example.com if you are showing any covid symptoms. I.e.: fever, dry cough etc OR if you have been contacted by the HSE as been notified you are a close contact.Please follow the directions of the PDT team, and sanitise on arrival, during class and when leaving.
- Please do not approach other handlers or their dogs and maintain social distance at all times.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to attend classes, We cannot transfer unused classes to another date, or allow you to attend another course that is running. Our class number are strictly limited.
- Entrance to the centre begins 5 minutes before your class is due to start, we ask that at all times you maintain social distancing.
- Please follow the directions of our training team at all times.
- We have installed multiple sanitisation stations in the centre, please use these as often as you like.